Where do I add my name for each translation unit ("Created by") in SDL Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2012

Where do I add my name for each translation unit ("Created by") in SDL Trados Studio 2011?

In SDL Trados Freelance 2007 I know I could do this before starting the translation (think it was user profile), but in Studio the User profile is something else. So I can't find the setting which set my name as the one who has created each translation unit. I created the TM, imported TMX from the customer, created the project and then started translating. But for each translation unit I commit to the TM, it now only says "User-PC\User". I want to have my name displayed instead.

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Windows settings? Aug 8, 2012

This sounds more like a Windows setting than a Studio one. What is the name of your Windows user? And the name of your computer?

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two options to change Aug 9, 2012

I received a reply from SDL Support that I can change this using two methods:

Either I can open the TMX-export in Notes and edit there (although there are a lot of places I would need to change, so it would take too long time). Or, the simplest way, to create a new user account which I login to when I use SDL Trados Studio 2011.

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:28
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Search and Replace in Notes Aug 9, 2012

To update your existing TMs, a quick search and replace in Notes should be very quick.

Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, thanks for the tip! Aug 9, 2012

Thanks for the tip Nora, I'll try that!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search