Where do I add my name for each translation unit ("Created by") in SDL Trados Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 09:15
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 8, 2012

Where do I add my name for each translation unit ("Created by") in SDL Trados Studio 2011?

In SDL Trados Freelance 2007 I know I could do this before starting the translation (think it was user profile), but in Studio the User profile is something else. So I can't find the setting which set my name as the one who has created each translation unit. I created the TM, imported TMX from the customer, created the project and then started translating. But for each translation unit I commi
... See more

In SDL Trados Freelance 2007 I know I could do this before starting the translation (think it was user profile), but in Studio the User profile is something else. So I can't find the setting which set my name as the one who has created each translation unit. I created the TM, imported TMX from the customer, created the project and then started translating. But for each translation unit I commit to the TM, it now only says "User-PC\User". I want to have my name displayed instead.
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Windows settings? Aug 8, 2012

This sounds more like a Windows setting than a Studio one. What is the name of your Windows user? And the name of your computer?

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two options to change Aug 9, 2012

I received a reply from SDL Support that I can change this using two methods:

Either I can open the TMX-export in Notes and edit there (although there are a lot of places I would need to change, so it would take too long time). Or, the simplest way, to create a new user account which I login to when I use SDL Trados Studio 2011.

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 01:15
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Search and Replace in Notes Aug 9, 2012

To update your existing TMs, a quick search and replace in Notes should be very quick.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok, thanks for the tip! Aug 9, 2012

Thanks for the tip Nora, I'll try that!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »