Thread poster: Jacques DP

Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:10
Member (2003)
English to French
Aug 9, 2012

Hello there,

Is there a way to copy source to target for the current segment in SDL Edit 2007?
I have a document in which there are some long URLs and I get partial matches with wrong URLs...

Thanks.

[Edited at 2012-08-10 13:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:10
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Press F4 Aug 9, 2012

For individual segments, you can press F4. There is a faster way to copy the entire text, but I'm working in Studio now and haven't got it in front of me.

Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Aug 9, 2012

Thanks a lot Anne Lee! I couldn't find it in the online help...

Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Another shortcut question (deleting target text) Aug 10, 2012

I can see now the F4 function in the FormatPaint menu (not an obvious place to look for it).

Is there a shortcut to delete target text? I can't see it in the menus nor in the reference list of shortcuts in the Help file.

The documents were prepared by the client with automatic copy of source to target when no TM match is found, and so in almost every segment I need to start with Shift+Ctrl+Down,Left Del.

(If you don't do the "Left" it affects the next segment as well...)

Isn't there a better way?

Thank you.

pjg111  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
English to French
Translation/Apply menu item Aug 10, 2012

Jacques DP wrote:

I can see now the F4 function in the FormatPaint menu (not an obvious place to look for it).

Is there a shortcut to delete target text? I can't see it in the menus nor in the reference list of shortcuts in the Help file.

The documents were prepared by the client with automatic copy of source to target when no TM match is found, and so in almost every segment I need to start with Shift+Ctrl+Down,Left Del.

(If you don't do the "Left" it affects the next segment as well...)

Isn't there a better way?

Thank you.

Although it is not obvious, to clear all translated text, you must hit Ctrl+A (which is for Translation/Apply menu item). I'm not sure of Translation menu as I'm currently working in Trados Studio 2011 and cannot check the accurate label of that menu option in SDL Edit.

HTH.

Patrick

Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, Ctrl+Shift+A Aug 10, 2012

Indeed, Ctrl+Shift+A (Translation Memory > Apply) will recreate a new translation, inserting TM matches, with a selectable option to copy source on no match, or not. This will do fine for me. Thanks Patrick!

Switzerland
Member (2003)
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Another small thing: inserted glossary entry is selected; should not be Aug 10, 2012

I'll venture to ask one more question in this thread.

When inserting a TermBase term, it is selected. So every time, I have to reach the RightArrow key to unselect it and keep going, which is kind of cumbersome. Is there a way to work around this? Thank you.

[Edited at 2012-08-10 11:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keyboard shortcuts, SDL Edit 2007

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search