Studio 2009 Error - Translation provider xxx.sdltm could not be opened and has been disabled
Thread poster: Ellie Rowe-Parratt

Ellie Rowe-Parratt
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:10
French to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2012

Hello all,

I'm having a little problem with Studio 2009: I have created a new TM in Studio 2009, and then imported the .tmx file that my client sent me into it. That went fine, no errors.

I then opened a new document, the Word file that my client sent me, at which point an error screen popped up, saying that 'The translation provider xxx.sdltm could not be opened and has been disabled'. If I click enable, the message pops up again.

Can anyone help me fix this please?

Thanks in advance!

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:10
English to French
+ ...
Hints Aug 11, 2012

Hi Ellie,

Your message is not really clear but I would try the following:

1) Instead of opening the Word document, create a new project (File -> New Project) and enter the relevant information, files, TM, etc.

2) If it doesn't work, check the tmx - might be some issue with the tmx your client sent you - you mentioned that it imported ok, did you get a message telling you the number of TUs that got imported?

HTH,

Bernard

Ellie Rowe-Parratt
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:10
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 13, 2012

Bernard,

Creating a new project worked great, so thanks very much for your help, it was much appreciated!

Ellie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 Error - Translation provider xxx.sdltm could not be opened and has been disabled

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search