Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:20
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 11, 2012

I am using Trados 2007 with word, and when I move to the next segment, the blue field with the source is off-screen and the yellow target field is the most upper line in the window. This means I have to scroll up every single segment to see the source in order to translate it. This doesn't seem right.

Wordfast Classic doesn't do this with word.

The same problem, btw, occurs when using "find" in word. The entry found always jumps to the upper line and I always have to scroll back to see the full sentence in which the word was found.

Anyone any thoughts on this?

Can I process my word file with Tageditor instead and deliver a bilingual word file to my client?
In a test trial, whichever way I saved it, I had either a ttx or a monolingual word file, so that didn't seem to work.

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:20
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer found Aug 11, 2012

I think I found the answer: switching to web layout view instead of print layout.

I need to read up more on these views and their functions/implications.

Thanks anyway.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word 2007: source segment off screen, only target visible

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search