error SLD TRADOS STUDIO 2011: translation memory is unavailable
Thread poster: marinatourneux
Aug 17, 2012

Hello,

Can you help to find a solution for this error message "Translation memory M/Trados/Marina/web site is unvailable. Click on ok to define its location or on cancel to deativate this memory"?

I want to deactivate this memory but its doesn't work. I tried but now I can open Trados with this message.

Thanks you for your help,

Marina Tourneux

Simon Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
translation memory is unavailable Aug 17, 2012

Hi,

I've had this occur a few times, usually when I try to open a Spanish to English TM. It happens (I think) if you have selected an incorrect variant of one of the languages, ie, you want to open Spanish (Spain) to English (UK) TM but select English (USA) in error. You then get a pop up window to look for the correct TM. What you need to do is restart the whole Open Document or Project process and selecting the correct language variants.

I find that agencies supplying TMs often neglect to say which variants of Spanish / English have been used, so you have to guess and cross your fingers.

Once open, you should be able to deactivate the TMs in the normal way in the Project Settings option in the Translation Results window. (use the View menu to open the window)

Hope that helps

Simon

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:16
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Was the TM moved or deleted? Aug 17, 2012

If so, try deleting any projects it was associated with. The message should go away.

marinatourneux
TOPIC STARTER
translation memories Aug 20, 2012

Thanks you for you help. I did it and I created empty memories with the name of the memories I moved and I haven't this annoyong message anymore.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

error SLD TRADOS STUDIO 2011: translation memory is unavailable

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search