Unable to upgrade .mdb TMs in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Natalie CMP

Natalie CMP  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:52
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2012

Hi all,

I always get .mdb TM's from a translation agency I work for, and I never had any trouble upgrading them in Studio 2011. Now, all of a sudden, I get error messages, this started around the time I installed SP2, but it could be concidence (?).

Yesterday, when upgrading a .mdb TM I got the message:
-Parsing of XML parameter failed (ExportTMX).

And I couldn't export nor import (red crosses) but the TM seemed to be created (green checkbox). However, when I opened it to start translating, it was empty.

The translation agency then tried upgrading the TM for me and sent it to me, but I couldn't use it. When trying to open it, I got a pop-up window saying: The translation provider does not support any language pair in this project or project template.

Can anyone help me solve this frustrating problem please?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:52
English to French
+ ...
Export mdb as TMX Aug 17, 2012

Hi,

As I don't really know what your mdb is like as a first step, I would export the mdb as tmx (SDLX - maintain) and see whether it can be imported in Studio 2011 - could also be because your mdb is multilingual.

HTH,

Bernard

Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I export? Aug 17, 2012

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for relplying. Can you please let me know how I export the .mdb as tmx?

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
SDLX Aug 17, 2012

Hi Natalie,

I assume that if you have mdb TMs, these are SDLX TMs - so start SDLX, click on SDLX in the window that opens select Maintain, next click on TM (menu bar) - open your mdb when opened, select TM again and export.

If you can't manage send me the mdb file and I'll see what I can do.

Bernard

Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't have SDLX Aug 17, 2012

Hi Bernard,

I don't have SDLX, the translation agency sends the .mdb to me and I always upgrade it since I only have Studio 2011.

I've sent you a screenshot of the error message. Thanks so much for helping, I'd need your e-mail to send you the mdb.

Natalie

Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Did you succeed in upgrading .mdb TM in Studio 2011? Feb 27, 2015

Hello Natalie,

I encounter the same issue in Studio 2014 and I would like to know if you finally succeeded in upgrading the .mdb TM you received from your client.

My client send me .mdb TMs, and I am totally unable to upgrade them in Studio 2014, with the error message "Parsing of XML parameter failed".

A friend of mine was able to upgrade it on her Studio 2011 and my client could upgrade it for me as well, but I would like to know how I can do it myself for the next projects.

I do not have SDLX.

If someone encountered the same issue, it would be great to hear how you corrected it.

Thank you very much,

Géraldine

Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bernard Lieber saved the day Feb 28, 2015

Hi Géraldine,

Unfortunately not, thankfully Bernard Lieber helped me out that day. Maybe he can explain how to do it.

I use Studio 2014 as well now and I haven't encountered the problem anymore.

Best regards,

Natalie

Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Thank you for your answer Mar 2, 2015

Thank you Natalie for your answer,

I have been struggling with this issue for days on Studio 2014, and still no solution. This is really strange.

Anyway, I will go on looking for a miracle!

@Bernard Lieber, do you think you could help me on this issue?

Have a beautiful day,

Géraldine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to upgrade .mdb TMs in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search