question about the pop-up windown in Trados 2011 (with the phrase "revision the time and the date"
Thread poster: Worder Company

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:17
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2012

I have just started using Trados 2011.

I don't know, maybe it's me... But the programme has this debilitating feature - there is always this pop-up window, saying when the last revision was done to a segment.

So, using my mouse I cut and paste within the segment, then want to reread what I've got. In a second there is this pop-up, blocking part of the text, so I need to move the mouse to a different segment.

Really irritating. Wonder, how any person, who has translated at least 1 page in the programme, could not but notice it.)))) Kudos on upgrading, lol. No such thing in 09))) So, makes you wonder...

Can anyone tell me, how to switch it off?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:17
English
Took a while to guess what you meant... Aug 19, 2012

... but I think it sounds as though you have tracked changes turned on. If you don't want them just toggle them off in the toolbar, or use ctrl+alt+F9 if you didn't change the default shortcut.

Doesn't the "debilitating" pop up disappear after a second or two anyway?

Regards

Paul

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Aug 19, 2012

Thanks for the tip - ctrl=alt+F9 worked.

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
trados has a sense of humor Aug 19, 2012

Now, that I have used ctrl+atl+F9, I cannot translate the next segments - the message pops up, saying "you can't edit the segment when the track changes is off", and the first pop up is back. Help)))

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
nope, Aug 19, 2012

Sorry for these many messages.

It kinda goes back after a while for the first mode - the popup with the revision info...

J Fox  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 09:17
German to English
+ ...
Pop up when mouse is in status column Aug 20, 2012

You're not going mad - yes there is a little pop-up box that displays when your mouse is over the status column. It shows the "Translation Details" i.e. status, origin, system, score. And it covers the segment that you're editing - so it's annoying.

I'm not sure if you can change the window layout to move this column?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

question about the pop-up windown in Trados 2011 (with the phrase "revision the time and the date"

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search