Opening FrameMaker 7.2 MIF in Studio 2011?
Thread poster: Katsumasa Suzuki

Katsumasa Suzuki  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 04:01
Member (2011)
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 21, 2012

Hi everyone,

I have Trados Studio 2011 and no other version on my computer. My client wants me to translate Adobe FrameMaker (Japanese) Version 7.2 MIF files using Trados.

I understand that Studio 2011 has native support for Adobe FrameMaker 8-10 MIF, but are there any ways in which 7.2 MIF files can be converted or imported for use on Studio 2011, perhaps by using outside tools? Asking the client to upgrade their FrameMaker at this time is not an option.

Any insight you might have would be heartily appreciated.

Best regards,

K. Suzuki

Serge Mazille
Local time: 22:01
FrameMaker 10 tryout version Aug 21, 2012

Hello Katsumasa!

Maybe you can download the FM10 tryout version from Adobe site, open your MIF file in it and save in MIF 10 ?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
S-Tagger Aug 21, 2012

Katsumasa Suzuki wrote:

I have Trados Studio 2011 and no other version on my computer. My client wants me to translate Adobe FrameMaker (Japanese) Version 7.2 MIF files using Trados.

Hi,

Studio 2011 has S-Tagger integrated so you can use this to convert to TTX and then translate the TTX. You can find this in the Home View here:

Regards

Paul

Serge Mazille
cool feature Aug 22, 2012

It's nice to see that S-tagger is embeded in SDL 2011 but I think the point isn't that...

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Exactly the point Aug 22, 2012

Serge Mazille wrote:
...but I think the point isn't that...

Hi Serge,

The question was about the ways in which 7.2 MIF files can be converted or imported for use on Studio 2011. Paul's post contains an exact answer to this question.

Natalia

Serge Mazille
My bad Aug 22, 2012

OK, my bad

Katsumasa Suzuki  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 04:01
Member (2011)
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Thanks. Aug 22, 2012

Thanks, everyone, for your kind help.
It worked through S-Tagger.

KS

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening FrameMaker 7.2 MIF in Studio 2011?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search