Trados 2007: how do you add variations of longer tags to the Snippet Mark-up Plug-in 1.0?
Thread poster: anyn

anyn
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 24, 2012

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way of adding variations of longer tags to the Snippet Mark-up Plug-in 1.0?

(The Snippet Mark-up Plug-in 1.0 allows you to to convert parts of text embedded in files to internal
tags so that they are not included in translation.) See http://www.professional-translations.ro/DLFiles/SDL_Trados_2007_TranslatorsWorkbench.pdf

For example, I'm able to add <a> as a RegEx pattern so that it's not included in translations. But what if the xml-file I am to translate has lots of variations of the <a>-tag? (<a href...> <a rel...> etc)

Do I need to add them all separately or is it possible to add all variations at once?

I've tried adding <a*>, thinking that the * would substitute anything that may come between the a and the > characters, but it did not work.

Thanks,
Ana

[Edited at 2012-08-24 14:13 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007: how do you add variations of longer tags to the Snippet Mark-up Plug-in 1.0?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search