problem with .itd files in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Samuel Evans

Samuel Evans  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 08:27
English to French
+ ...
Aug 24, 2012

I can't open .itd files in Trados Studio 2011. I open the package, then click on the files for edit and I get an error message with the code 80070005. In French (my Trados is in French), the message is like this:

"Exception inattendue lors de la détection du fichier: La récupération de la fabrique de classe COM pour le composant avec le CLSID {DA6007BB-6407-43F5-A6CA-421871189988F} a éhoué en raison de l'erreur suivante: 80070005

Please can you help? This is a big problem because my client has more .itd files to send me.

Is it possible to convert them into something else?

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 07:27
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Have you seen this? Aug 25, 2012

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/105410-itd_files_in_tageditor_70.html

Hope it helps...

Samuel Evans  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 27, 2012

I finally solved my problem by taking a radical measure. Reinstalling Trados didn't work, so I figured it was a Windows problem. I did a system restore (after saving all my files on an external HD) and now it all works perfectly again and I can again read .itd files.

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Member (2010)
English to French
blocking error while writing .itd files with SDL Studio 2009 SP3 Aug 27, 2012

Hello

I started 10 days ago a project based on .itd files with SDL Studio 2009 SP3 freelance on Windows 7. I was used to this method and it worked fine:

itd -> sdlxliff -> itd ->.doc, changes in sdlxliff -> itd ->.doc etc etc

for this project,
At first file translation I could not store the .itd file nor translate it into a screenable / printable .doc or .ppt. This happened again for all project files.

The blocking symptom was:

Exception in HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVER FAULT)

SDL gave me a turnaround which didn't work. I could not transmit the files to SDL (confidentiality)

My client accepted my delivery in SDLXLIFF but of course it was almost impossible to proofread in sdlxliff format.

All this was very negative for me, I hoped to work again several times for this BIG IT actor, but I never will.

icon_confused.gif

[Edited at 2012-08-27 21:18 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with .itd files in Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search