problem with .itd files in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Samuel Evans

Samuel Evans  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:23
English to French
+ ...
Aug 24, 2012

I can't open .itd files in Trados Studio 2011. I open the package, then click on the files for edit and I get an error message with the code 80070005. In French (my Trados is in French), the message is like this:

"Exception inattendue lors de la détection du fichier: La récupération de la fabrique de classe COM pour le composant avec le CLSID {DA6007BB-6407-43F5-A6CA-421871189988F} a éhoué en raison de l'erreur suivante: 80070005

Please can you help? This is a big problem because my client has more .itd files to send me.

Is it possible to convert them into something else?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 23:23
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Have you seen this? Aug 25, 2012

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/105410-itd_files_in_tageditor_70.html

Hope it helps...


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Evans  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 00:23
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Aug 27, 2012

I finally solved my problem by taking a radical measure. Reinstalling Trados didn't work, so I figured it was a Windows problem. I did a system restore (after saving all my files on an external HD) and now it all works perfectly again and I can again read .itd files.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:23
Member (2010)
English to French
blocking error while writing .itd files with SDL Studio 2009 SP3 Aug 27, 2012

Hello

I started 10 days ago a project based on .itd files with SDL Studio 2009 SP3 freelance on Windows 7. I was used to this method and it worked fine:

itd -> sdlxliff -> itd ->.doc, changes in sdlxliff -> itd ->.doc etc etc


for this project,
At first file translation I could not store the .itd file nor translate it into a screenable / printable .doc or .ppt. This happened again for all project files.

The blocking symptom was:

Exception in HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVER FAULT)

SDL gave me a turnaround which didn't work. I could not transmit the files to SDL (confidentiality)

My client accepted my delivery in SDLXLIFF but of course it was almost impossible to proofread in sdlxliff format.

All this was very negative for me, I hoped to work again several times for this BIG IT actor, but I never will.



[Edited at 2012-08-27 21:18 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with .itd files in Studio 2011

Advanced search







SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search