problems after importing termbases (Multiterm SP4)
Thread poster: Julien_Commun

English to French
+ ...
Aug 28, 2012


Multiterm SP4 doesn't work well when I import (via multiterm convert) termbases from Excel (.csv or .xls or .xlsx). I don' t know how to explain it precisely.

For example: the (imported) source term does not appear "in green", but in "black", and when I want to modify the entry, there is no source term at all... (although it does appear in the results window)... and two target terms (one is empty)
The other (old) entries seem normal.
The termbases I tried to import are complex, but I tried also to import simple termbases (one term, two languages, in a new termbase), and the problem remains...

The worst problem being that SDL Studio 2009 crashes when I want to display the new imported terms.

Thank you in advance for your help.


[Edited at 2012-08-29 08:35 GMT]


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems after importing termbases (Multiterm SP4)

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search