Thread poster: Liza Perez

Liza Perez  Identity Verified
Puerto Rico
Local time: 06:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 28, 2012

Hi!

I usually find the answer to my questions on the web, but this time I've been having a little trouble. I need to convert a .txt file to .ini so I can use the latter with Trados 2007 Tag Settings. I thought that I only needed to rename the file to .ini but the client just told me that the spacing was off when they put the file back into InDD. So I'm doing something wrong...

Or maybe it's just that I need to open the renamed .ini file everytime I open Tag Editor??

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:14
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Not sure what are you talking about, Liza Aug 29, 2012

Your client should send you an .ini file which should be used to work with their files.

Natalia

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

convert .txt to .ini

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search