Studio 2009 SP3: Is there a permanent fix to the (in)famous "Length cannot be less than zero"?
Thread poster: nicogi

nicogi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:49
English to French
+ ...
Aug 30, 2012

I have read pretty much every thread there is on the "Failed to save target content: Length cannot be less than zero", and so far, I fail to see a permanent solution to this. Not only is this a bit strange that something so simple as superscript would create such problem, but sometimes the error comes from a segment where there is no superscript at all (it can sometimes be created by a word a few segments before or after).

After spending several hours fixing my 125-page document, I finally had to use some source segments in the target side to be able to save my target back to its original Word format. So, SDL... any chance that we will get a fix? This is an issue that has been known for quite a while now.

Direct link Reply with quote

nicogi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 19:49
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
To be more specific... Aug 31, 2012

I should specify that it applies to Studio 2009 SP3.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP3: Is there a permanent fix to the (in)famous "Length cannot be less than zero"?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search