Gurudutt Kamath  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 23:27
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2012

Hello,
Was enjoying working on Studio 2011 and suddenly it stopped. Studio 2011 does not open and says: Specified module could not be found (Exception from HRESULT 0x800700E). Checked the knowledgebase and it asked me to run setup.exe again. Which I did. The problem still remains.

Two questions:

a) How do I solve this problem?

b) Is support available only for a price?

Op System: Windows Vista, 32-bit

Many thanks and best wishes.

Guru

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:57
English
Try deleteing the xml settings files Sep 9, 2012

Hi Guru,

Try the following. First delete 3 XML files by going to the following path:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[10.0.0.0]
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[10.0.0.0]

and delete the following three XML files:

- BaseSettings.xml
- plugincache.xml
- UserSettings.xml

In case you cannot see the "AppData" folder, make sure that your folder view is set to "display hidden system folders." Here are step-by-step instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

If this does not help then please delete the following file: "projects.xml" located in

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\SDL Trados Studio\Projects

Please note that your project list will disappear and you will need to re-open your projects in SDL Trados Studio to have them back in the list. To do this please go to File > Open > Project and browse to the project you wish to open. It will then be added to the Projects list in SDL Trados Studio 2011.

Maybe this will help?

Regards

Paul

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks: but Studio 2011 still not working (0x800700E issue) Sep 9, 2012

Hi Paul,

Thank you so very much for your prompt response.

I deleted the 3 files that you mentioned, but the same error message appeared.

I tried to delete projects.xml: There is no such file. There is a Local folder in which there is a server.xml. (I renamed this file and tried -- still the same error.)

BTW, earlier, when I tried to run Studio 2011 in safe mode, the error message obtained was "Service 'Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.ILicensingService' could not be started." If you wish I could send the whole error message if you provide me an email address.

I look forward to your help and am deeply appreciative of it.

(I personally feel this is not a Studio 2011 issue -- but an issue with my registry. I am not sure whether this is related. But I thought this problem might be due to some new software added and I tried to go back to an earlier restore point. I was not able to go to an earlier restore point. A Java update had been installed -- and I was trying to go to the earlier point. So I am not sure whether the Java update is operational or not.)

Many thanks for your help.

Best wishes.

Guru

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011\Projects Sep 9, 2012

OK, projects.xml was under Studio 2011\Projects. I deleted it -- but still it is not working. Same error message.

Many thanks for your help and best wishes.

Guru

Shankaran Viswanathan  Identity Verified
India
French to English
+ ...
Windows related error Sep 10, 2012

When I did google on "HRESULT 0x8007007E" I got many interesting results. May be you can explore possibilities here.

Best of luck

Vishwa
Dehradun
India

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Web Results not useful Sep 10, 2012

Hello Vishwa,

People approach the Forums only after exhausting all possibilities. I did "try" all the various possibilities. Anyway, thanks for your suggestion.

Best wishes.

Guru

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Error 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG) Sep 10, 2012

Hi Paul/SDL Trados Support,

I bought Registry Mechanic, cleaned the registry and tried to start Studio 2011 again (Vista). This time it gives a new error:

HRESULT 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)

So unable to figure out what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes.

Guru

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re-installed SP2 Sep 10, 2012

I thought the SP2 uninstalled the earlier version and installed the new version with SP2. However, still situation is the same. I get the new error message (0x80040154 REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG).

Just recording all this so that someone else does not go through the same problems again and also so that it is helpful to your engineers to diagnose the problem and solve it.

Many thanks and best wishes.

Guru

United Kingdom
English
Use the Solution Finder... Sep 10, 2012

... to log a support case.

Hi Guru,

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening etc....
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados 2011

Then fill out the contact form with details of the error and a support engineer will be in contact to help you out. I don't know what else to suggest at this stage so I think this is the best option.

Regards

Paul

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Solution -- Registry Issues Sep 13, 2012

SDL Support tried to fix the problem for 2 days (3-4 hours on each day). Despite cleaning my registry and fixing my computer -- still the same error continued. I have now been advised to re-install Vista (to clean up the registry) and then load Studio 2011.

Just when I was beginning to enjoy Studio 2011, my romance has come to a standstill.

Really grateful to Paul, SDL Support and the guy who so patiently tried to fix my problem. SDL Support promptness was unbelievable (good).

Best wishes.

Guru

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons), AITI
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:57
Member (2013)
German to English
Hi Paul ... Feb 10, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... to log a support case.

Hi Guru,

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening etc....
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados 2011

Then fill out the contact form with details of the error and a support engineer will be in contact to help you out. I don't know what else to suggest at this stage so I think this is the best option.

Regards

Paul

... I'm having exactly the same problem as the original poster in this topic, but when I try and log a support case as you mention here, the contact form doesn't load. I've tried in both Mozilla and Internet Explorer. Is there another way of getting in contact?

United Kingdom
English
I would do this for you.... Feb 10, 2014

Nick Brisland wrote:

... I'm having exactly the same problem as the original poster in this topic, but when I try and log a support case as you mention here, the contact form doesn't load. I've tried in both Mozilla and Internet Explorer. Is there another way of getting in contact?

... but I am away at a conference and don't have access to our internal systems to see who you are. So your two choices would be these I guess:

1. Check out this KB : http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=2802&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

2. Send me an email so I have your contact details and can correctly fill the form out for you.

I use Chrome, and this has never failed to load the form for me. Maybe worth giving that a shot?

Regards

Paul

India
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reload the Operating System Feb 11, 2014

Hello all,

Just wanted to update that Trados support was very helpful and did remote fixing of my machine for several hours. However, they were unable to fix the problem. They recommended reloading the operating system. (I have the pathetic Vista system!)

Have been planning to go in for Windows 8 for a long time now. I was recommended against it. However, today, perhaps Trados may not have much problem with Windows 8.

Any suggestions/recommendations would still be welcome. Now, there is a new Trados too. Any experience with the new Trados and Windows 8 would be welcome.

Best wishes.

Guru

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exception HRESULT 0x8007007E - Studio 2011 SP2

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search