Trados Studio 2011: "An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider ..."
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:05
German to English
Sep 10, 2012

The full message is something like this:

"An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider NAME_OF_TM: could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version 2.112.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken blahblahblah" - it goes on for ages and unfortunately Studio offers no possbility to cut and paste the message.

The file I'm having a problem with is my own TM in Studio 2011 (in SDLTM format). I tried creating a new TM with Studio 2011 and importing the segments thinking that that would solve the issue (i.e. maybe the old one was corrupted somehow). But strangely enough the new TM is reporting the same error. What I don't understand is, how can the assembly be "built by a runtime that is newer than the currently loaded runtime" when I'm using the same software to read the TM as I used to create it?

I'd be grateful for feedback as this is my biggest TM, and even though I only use it for look-up now (and have not added to it in a couple of years) it is still a fundamental part of my translation work.

Direct link Reply with quote

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem is with Oracle.DataAccess.dll Sep 10, 2012

The very helpful Mr. Paul Filkin from SDL sent me an updated .dll via another forum (that starts with Y and ends with ahoo) and that seems to have done the trick.

Apparently there is an update in the pipeline that will fix the problem (ie. replace the defective .dll)

AnhP
Vietnam
Local time: 05:05
English to Vietnamese
I have the same problem when using Trados. Could you tell me how to fix this bug? Thanks! Oct 8, 2012

I have the same problem when using Trados. Could you tell me how to fix this bug?
I am using Trados version 2011.
Thanks!

[Edited at 2012-10-08 13:09 GMT]

JennyItaly
Italian to English
Same problem Mar 17, 2013

Hi
I just upgraded my PC which is now 64-bit.
This seems to have messed up my TMs as they still run OK in Studio 2011 on the old 32-bit PC --- but I get that same error message when I try to use my TMs in Studio on the 64-bit.
I have tried exporting a tmx file from old trados and creating a new TM in studio but that doesn't work either.
Did the change in .dll solve this problem ???

My error too is oracle.dataAccess version 2.112.3.0

Any comments will be most welcome
Thanks in advance

Jen

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
This should have been resolved... Mar 18, 2013

... with CU7 I think. We are on CU8 at the moment so what version of Studio are you running? The current version is: 2011 SP2R - 10.4.3069.1

Regards

Paul

Nick Hoyle
Local time: 23:05
German to English
Same problem with current service pack and new PC Jun 26, 2013

I get the impression from the posts here that this problem should have been resolved with SPR2; I have version 10.4.3079.1.
I have Studio running on a virtually new 64-bit PC and it has been fine until this week.

In the last couple of days I tried to import tmx files for two different new Studio TMs but this error was thrown up during the import, which was then interrupted. At first I suspected the old Trados 2007 from which the tmx files were generated, but I am now wondering if the Studio installation on the PC is corrupted.

I was able to create the new TMs on Studio on my laptop instead (that worked fine) then I copied them over to my PC but this error message popped up a couple of times while I was working.

"An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider xxx: The translation memory data file engine returned an error:
Attempt to write a read-only database
attempt to write a readonly database"

At one point I also got the error message:
"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index"

The new TM is fairly small and I have been working with much larger ones stored in the same location without any problems.

Any ideas?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
It looks more like connectivity... Jun 27, 2013

... from the error message. Are you using an external drive, or perhaps you have some back up, or defragging software running in the background that is interrupting access to the TM as you work?

Regards

Paul

Nick Hoyle
German to English
Suspected cause of connectivity error...? Jul 5, 2013

Paul, thanks for your suggestion.
I'm revisiting the forum because I encountered this problem/error again today in an entirely different situation - when using the TM Management utility.
My TMs are all on the hard drive BUT I now have a backup drive connected (my safety policy) and it seems to back up files almost in real time (software: WD SmartWare). Maybe it's being just a bit too smart!
I'll try deactivating it while working, as I only really need it to back up at the end of working sessions. And I'll try to remember to report back on whether things improve!

John Simpson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.SpellChecking.HunspellWrapper, Sep 19, 2013

Hello,

The following error message appeared when I tried to open a Studio project:

Could not load file or assembly 'Sdl.SpellChecking.HunspellWrapper, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888' or one of its dependencies. Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700E1

I have the following: 2011 SP2R 10.4.3079.1
ProductVersion>10.0.0.0

Any help would be appreciated!

John

[Edited at 2013-09-19 09:08 GMT]

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem for the client? Sep 19, 2013

That does sound like a completely different problem to the one being discussed here. But I would suggest scanning the project to see if it actually has got a virus and then contacting the client to say there is a problem with the files.

iluminis DE
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
Solution directly from SDL Trados Support Sep 19, 2013

This is the direct link to the solution of this new problem:
http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4890

Patricia Bowden
Italy
Member (2013)
Japanese to English
+ ...
Make sure you diodn't change the location of your TM Feb 12, 2014

I just encountered the same problem "An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider ..." and I am using Studio 2014.

It turns out that i change the name of the folder the TM was located in and forgot to update the project.

If anyone is using a local TM, I would double check to make sure that the TM is in the correct folder before I try any other solutions.

CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
Local time: 05:05
English to Russian
+ ...
Make sure about TM location twice!!! Mar 17, 2014

Patricia Bowden wrote:

I just encountered the same problem "An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider ..." and I am using Studio 2014.

It turns out that i change the name of the folder the TM was located in and forgot to update the project.

If anyone is using a local TM, I would double check to make sure that the TM is in the correct folder before I try any other solutions.

Patricia, I've found addition to your sollution:

Thanks to your mention of Project settings, I got into settings, deleted used Translation Memory and added new translation memory, which is the same itself, but newly added and everything works fine now.

Thanks again for a detail which didn't let me see complete picture.

Good luck everybody. I hope this will help you.

[Edited at 2014-03-17 22:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-03-17 22:45 GMT]

Rebecca Holmes
United States
Local time: 18:05
German to English
Encountering this problem with all TMs Apr 4, 2014

I am using Trados Studio 2011 and encountering this problem with all of my TMs. I have not moved their location or renamed the folders in which they are stored. I am the only user on my computer, so I do not think it can be access rights. What can I do?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011: "An error has occurred whilst using the translation provider ..."

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search