SDL Trados Studio 2011 / export error
Thread poster: Jacqueline Ball

Jacqueline Ball  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:00
German to English
Sep 13, 2012

Hi there,

I have been using a workaround that Paul and Dominque kindly helped me with in order to deliver bilingual Word files to a Trados 2009 user (the workaround involved running the source document through a demo version of Wordfast to create a 'bilingual' document and then importing this into Studio. Having done that, I can then export a bilingual Word document in a format that works for my client). HOWEVER... (and I'm not sure if the problem is specific to this workaround or a separate issue):

I have just been working on a 5,000 word translation (source doc = Word doc). I have come to export it (Save target as) and I get the error message:

Failed to save target content: Placeholder was removed. Please run Tag Verification to see the details.

I duly ran Tag Verification and there were four instances where spaces had to be removed in the source text. I did this, ran Verification again (Tools/Verify) and got the 'Verification complete. No errors reported'. However, I still get the same error message when I try to export my file...

I'm at a loss of what else to try. My delivery deadline is EOD today, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Many thanks,
Jacqueline

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:00
English
"Tag Check" Sep 13, 2012

Hi,

Perhaps you don't have the Tag Check turned on against the filetype? If you go to Project Settings (assuming the file is open in the editor already) and then File Types, then Microsoft Word 2000-2003 then Tag Check. The top checkbox says "Enable Tag Verification". So make sure this is turned on and then try again.

If this doesn't work... go to Tools - Options - Editor and change the Formatting Display Style to be "Show all formatting and tags" and then run the verification again.

If that fails send me the file... if you can?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados Studio 2011 / export error Sep 13, 2012

Hi Paul,

I tried what you suggested and unfortunately it didn't work. I've sent the file to you by email.

Thanks for your help with this.

Kind regards,
Jacqueline

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:00
Finnish to French
Send files Sep 13, 2012

Jacqueline Ball wrote:
I'm at a loss of what else to try. My delivery deadline is EOD today, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

Can you send me the following files in private: 1) original source document (Word document before segmentation in Wordfast), 2) translated SDLXLIFF

German to English
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Trados Studio 2011 / export error Sep 13, 2012

Hi Dominque,

Thanks so much for the offer. Paul from SDL Support has already helped me out with this issue and I've been able to deliver the file.

Have a nice evening.

Regards,
Jacqueline

CJIoHuKu
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Export errors Mar 10, 2014

Hi Guys.

I've searched all the web searching for the solution and came here. Thanks to SDL support for Options options)
But then, I faced the problem of correcting tags.
So I decided to simply copy tags ALL OF THEM before or after the text, so it won't bother me.
Just remember, everybody:

When you transfer tags you have to start from the INNER PART OF TAGS TO KEEP THE TAG ORDER!

Good luck guys.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 / export error

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search