SDL Trados 2011 Error Message "The Context List is null. Could not get the last child."
Thread poster: Jiri Lonsky

Jiri Lonsky  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:31
Member (2011)
English to Czech
+ ...
Sep 21, 2012

Hi. I have translated a .pdf file in SDL Trados 2011 Freelance, and when finalizing, it stopped at 98% of the process "Generate Target Translation", and showed two Error Messages. Both read: "The Context List is Null. Could not get the last child." I went to the details and generated the Error report file.
Surprisingly, in Editor View there are no Error messages listed under the Messages tab...
Is there anyone out there who could help and explain to me what this means, and more importantly, what to do to get the target file out?
Many thanks,
Jiri

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:31
English
Try this... Sep 22, 2012

Hi Jiri,

I don't know what version of 2011 you are running, so this could be a bug that has been resolved in one of the updates, or it could be caused by a tag issue in your target files, or even a bug with the current filter if you have SP2. You could try the following:

1. Open the source file again using Open Document
2. Pre-translate the file against your TM
3. Save the target

This sometimes resolves problems like this. If not then feel free to send me the file and I can take a look. I would need to fully translated sdlxliff and the original source file.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Hana777
Local time: 00:31
I had the same problem. Oct 15, 2012

Hi Paul from SDL support

I am currently running SDL Trados studio 2011.

I had a same situation to Mr.Jiri.
When finalizing the translated file could not save a word file.

Follwing the procedure as you mentioned below may help me to create the final data but
would you tell me more details for Step2 "Pre-translate......."?
Do I need to recreate the japanes data again from the beginning?

1. Open the source file again using Open Document
2. Pre-translate the file against your TM
3. Save the target

Regards,
Hana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2011 Error Message "The Context List is null. Could not get the last child."

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search