Carsten Behrend
Carsten Behrend  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:54
English to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2004

Dear colleagues,

I am working with Trados 6.5 (build 417) under Windows XP Professional and Word 2003.

In Word, I'm having a segmented file which I am going to proofread under Trados. When clicking on Open/Get a message appears stating:

"Trados Translators Workbench is not running."

But, instead the Workbench is running, in exclusiv mode with the correct language pair. In an effort to cross-check this circumstance I opened the T-Windows
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am working with Trados 6.5 (build 417) under Windows XP Professional and Word 2003.

In Word, I'm having a segmented file which I am going to proofread under Trados. When clicking on Open/Get a message appears stating:

"Trados Translators Workbench is not running."

But, instead the Workbench is running, in exclusiv mode with the correct language pair. In an effort to cross-check this circumstance I opened the T-Windows Clipboard and tried to establish the connection between Clipboard and the Workbench which failed.

Does anybody know what kind of mistake I am commiting?

Carsten
Collapse

Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.
Patricia Fierro, M. Sc.  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 05:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Maybe you are encountering a problem with the dongle Jul 27, 2004

Hi,

The first thing that I would check is whether the dongle is correctly inserted into the paralell or USB port.

Good luck.

Carsten Behrend
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not Dongle Issue Jul 27, 2004

Hallo Patricia,

The first thing that I would check is whether the dongle is correctly inserted into the paralell or USB port.

I have an USB dongle. I know that dongles turn to cause problems... This inserting issue came to my mind as well. But, I wouldn't be able to open my translation memory in exclusive mode - I can instead.

Most probably, this is not the bottom line. Thank you anyway.

Carsten

Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:54
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Restarting the computer Jul 28, 2004

Have you tried restarting the computer. Sometimes, restarting alone can work magic.

Good luck.

Carsten Behrend
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution, but not restart Jul 28, 2004

Hi Sami,

Have you tried restarting the computer. Sometimes, restarting alone can work magic.

Thank you for your help. Indeed, I have restarted the computer several times - to no avail.

However, the solution is very simple. Recently, I installed a Virusscanner at my desktop computer. The Scanner is blocking the execution of potentially dangerous macros. This way, Trados scripts are blocked. I deinstalled the Anti-Virus and everything is fine now.

Thanks to everybody for the assistance.

Carsten

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench connection could not be established

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »