Problem installing SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 00:46
English to French
Sep 28, 2012

Hello,

I just bought SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance and installed it (SP2 version), but I get an error message when I start Trados:

"Invalid digital signature (product activation)"

According to SDL it comes from a corrupted downloaded installation file, but I downloaded twice with no Internet connection problem and I still have the same problem.

I also followed SDL advice and deactivated my antivirus and firewall during installation but I still have the same problem...Please note that I always clean my registry after uninstalling.

Any help is welcome...

Direct link Reply with quote

Yuriy Vassilenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 02:46
English to Russian
? Sep 30, 2012

Alexandre Chetrite wrote:

I just bought SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance and installed it (SP2 version), but I get an error message when I start Trados:

"Invalid digital signature (product activation)"

SP2 or SP2 Refresh (latest build)?

Alexandre Chetrite
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
SP2 Refreshed Oct 1, 2012

Hello,

I have SP2 refreshed.

Thank you.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Windows Root Certificate Authority Oct 1, 2012

Hi Alexandre,

This sounds like you need to update your Windows Root Certificate Authority rather than it being a problem with Studio. There is a KB article here that should help you:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4189&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Hopefully all you need to do is update your windows with the simple information described in the article.

Regards

Paul

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:46
Finnish to French
OS? Oct 2, 2012

SDL Support wrote:
This sounds like you need to update your Windows Root Certificate Authority rather than it being a problem with Studio.

Just curious: would this problem typically affect only a very old version of Windows, eg. XP? Or could it also affect Vista / Win7, if Windows Update has never been used since they were first installed? Of course, the original poster didn't mention what version of Windows he's using.

Alexandre Chetrite
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Oct 2, 2012

Hello,

Well thank you Paul. It worked. I updated the Windows Root certificate and SDL Trados 2011 ran perfectly.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 32-bit

Oh by the way do you know where I can find training material and user guides for Trados 2011 other than the ones available on the SDL web site please?

Good day.

[Edited at 2012-10-02 15:50 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-10-02 16:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem installing SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search