https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/23399-trados_50_freelance_doesnt_stop_after_period.html

TRADOS 5.0 freelance doesn't stop after period
Thread poster: Denis Kiselev
Denis Kiselev
Denis Kiselev
Russian Federation
Local time: 18:19
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2004

I have a text all in capital letters, put into a table in an .rtf document. I'm using Word 2000. The text contains many one- and two-word sentences (like: NIGHT. STREET. LAMPPOST. PHARMACY. DIM LIGHT.)

When I try to open a sentence for translation (Open/get command) TRADOS selects the whole table cell, even though it contains several sentences (each ending with a period) and there is a rule in TRADOS settings to stop after a period.

What can be done?

Tadzio (X)
Tadzio (X)
English to Spanish
Spacing bar after period... Jul 29, 2004

It also happened to me, and I found out that there was an "Enter" key missing or many spaces between periods.
Example:
WORD. (There are two or more spaces here; pass the cursor over the spaces and press once the bar spacing) SECOND WORD. (Press either the "Enter" key or the spacing bar.)
Try it that way, and I hope this helps.
Tadzio.

[Edited at 2004-07-29 20:21]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 5.0 freelance doesn't stop after period

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »