Activation of SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter failed
Thread poster: Anna My
Anna My
Local time: 06:59
Oct 1, 2012

A few days ago I finally took the step to buy the SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter. However, after installing it the licensing/activating failed. I typed in my activation code which was sent to me by e-mail, the same code that was given to me on My Account/ My Licenses user page, and in return received the message that my subscription has expired. This, even if it in My Licenses says the license expires in a year. I have tried contacting the SDL support but not received any answer, and I still can't open Trados Studio.

Have anyone experienced the same problem? Or know how to solve this? All help will be useful.

Direct link Reply with quote

Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:59
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Review and download again Oct 1, 2012

Some times your account over the SDL page is not active or wrong, review and check that such account is active, licence appears (over Licences) on your dash, as well as other "benefits". Once you make sure everything is fine erase your actual version of Trados restart your machine and download (from My Downloads) the new software -preferable from your account if active-.

If this simple steps does nor work then contact SDL using the following link:
http://www.sdl.com/contactus/
Fill out form, Accept privacy statement and submit.

If you did this already call directly locating your nearest office:
http://www.sdl.com/aboutus/aboutsdl/offices.html

If those two options does not work, go directly to your vendor representative (if different than SDL) or submit again requesting your money back... You will receive support quite fast.

Good luck.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Solution Finder Oct 1, 2012

You can get free support from SDL for installation and licencing issues.

Go to http://kb.sdl.com/ and click on the solution finder tab. Go to licensing problems and continue through the solution finder. If none of the suggestions help, you will end up with a contact form that you can complete.

The Solution Finder is the way to go.

Anna My
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but the situation is still the same Oct 1, 2012

Thanks to both of you.

I deleted and reinstalled the software, but I still get the same "Your subscription license has expired" message when trying to open Trados Studio.

I have sent messages through every possible channel I have found, but still not received any help from support.

The free support solution pages are not helpful since the problem I am experiencing is not listed and the form is not possible to send since I am not allowed to fill out one of the mandatory boxes of information, namely the language box. I have tried to enter and send the form using two different browsers and two different computers, but I am still not able to tick the language box, and end up with getting a message saying something like "Fill out all boxes to send form".

Stressful situation when deadlines are closing in...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... Oct 1, 2012

... so I know who you are and can look at this issue in your account.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Anna My
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Oct 2, 2012

Thank you for all you help!

I received a new activation code from the SDL crew and everything seems to be working fine now.

Danielle Mordini  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:59
English to Portuguese
I am getting the same problem Apr 8, 2013

Just bought a license and feel that I threw money away. Very dissappointed at SDL. No wonder all agencies I know are moving to different solutions.

United Kingdom
English
Have you contacted SDL? Apr 8, 2013

Hi Danielle,

The licensing team are very quick so if you have a problem and you report it you should not be waiting for long to see it resolved. Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here (shortest route to raise a ticket);

Licensing Problems
- I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset.

You will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day. Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't drop me an email so we can sort it out.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Murielle M
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Same problem + Solution Finder didn't work Apr 14, 2013

I have the same problem, I bought Trados Studio Starter today and I was sent the activation code but when I enter it I'm told my subscription license has expired. I tried the solution finder but the request form didn't work I think, it just kind of partially reappeared with empty fields after I filled it in and tried to submit. I need this to work pretty soon, thanks.

United Kingdom
English
Drop me an email... Apr 14, 2013

... so I have your details and I'll make sure the licensing team got your request.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Murielle M
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
Reply received Apr 15, 2013

Thanks Paul, I did get a reply today, my request was submitted after all (it didn't look like it at the time). The activation code works now!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Activation of SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter failed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search