Passolo: Right-to-Left Java *.form
Thread poster: Yasmin Moslem

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:00
English to Arabic
Oct 1, 2012

Hello,

For .Net applications, I know that Passolo has the ability to mirror (= flip) dialogues so that they become from right to left. For example, when you have a checkbox, the box should be to the right and text to the left, i.e. to be from right to left to produce Arabic-localized versions.

However, for Java applications, I cannot see how to do that.

Can Passolo do that for Java *.form files? If so, could you please explain how. Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Direct link Reply with quote

Achim Herrmann
Local time: 00:00
English to German
Not supported Oct 2, 2012

Hello Yasim,

The Java .form file is an XML file where the visual form editor of the development environment stores information. It's only used by the IDE and there is no need to distribute it.

SDL Passolo doesn't support the localization or visualization of Java .form files. It only support the translation of standard Java resources like .properties files, .jar files and ListResourceBundles and ArrayResourceBundles stored in .java and binary .class files.

If a Java application is translated into Right-to-Left languages the developers must ensure that the layout of the forms is automatically flipped during runtime, when these languages are used. These internationalization tasks should be performed before the localization is started.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:00
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 2, 2012

Dear Achim,

Many thanks for your answer.

When you open a *.form file in NetBeans, you can see a live preview of how it looks like, and edit its objects, properties and text. That is why I supposed that having the same capacities in localization tools is not impossible.

Yes, the *.properties files including the strings are already available for translation, and that was how other languages were translated.

Anyhow, I have already told the project managers, and they got the point.

Thanks again & kind regards,
Yasmin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo: Right-to-Left Java *.form

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search