Thread poster: Malgoldberg
Malgoldberg
United States
Local time: 10:43
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 2, 2012

I am trying to save a target file. I get error messages about tags. How can I tell the program to ignore tags and save the file even if not all tags are in place?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:43
English
The problem... Oct 2, 2012

... is that without some tags it may not be possible to reconstruct the file so it opens correctly in the native application. Your best bet is to run the QA check and put the tags in.

Regards

Paul

Anne Lee  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:43
Member (2003)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Check earlier threads Oct 2, 2012

When this happened to me over the weekend, I was able to resolve the issue with the help of advice given in earlier threads.
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/185704-studio_2009:_missing_bookmark_endtag.html#1627729.
A useful piece of advice was to close the file for translation and to open it for review, because it clearly marks where the tags are missing. If you make the tags visible and copy the tags from the source text in the target tags, you should be OK.

Malgoldberg
United States
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much. Oct 2, 2012

Thank you so much.

Malgoldberg
United States
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much. Oct 2, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

... is that without some tags it may not be possible to reconstruct the file so it opens correctly in the native application. Your best bet is to run the QA check and put the tags in.

Regards

Paul

Thank you so much.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009: Can't save target file

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search