How to delete font-formatting tags in Trados 2007
Thread poster: xxxpenguin56

xxxpenguin56
Oct 2, 2012

I have a problem I have never had before when processing a particular Word document in Tag Editor.

In this document, there are "cf" (font-formatting) tags in between almost every letter which not only makes the text difficult to read, but also makes matching segments unrecognisable by the software.

Now while I have found that overwriting the text in the original Word document gets rid of the tags, I was wondering whether there might not be a quicker way of deleting the "cf" tags? Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks for help.

Vesselka Raykov  Identity Verified
Spain
Bulgarian to Spanish
+ ...
Word document in Tag Editor. Oct 2, 2012

Copy and past the text without format. You will have a simple text without tags. Is impossible to see that in the original text.

xxxpenguin56
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Oct 2, 2012

That works around the font-formatting tags, but also gets rid of all screenshots as well as the figures and tables including their automatic numbering.

Is there any other way, because it might indeed be quicker to overwrite all text rather than to copy-paste segment by segment?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete font-formatting tags in Trados 2007

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search