How to delete font-formatting tags in Trados 2007
Thread poster: xxxpenguin56
xxxpenguin56
Oct 2, 2012

I have a problem I have never had before when processing a particular Word document in Tag Editor.

In this document, there are "cf" (font-formatting) tags in between almost every letter which not only makes the text difficult to read, but also makes matching segments unrecognisable by the software.

Now while I have found that overwriting the text in the original Word document gets rid of the tags, I was wondering whether there might not be a quicker way of deleting the "cf" tags? Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks for help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesselka Raykov  Identity Verified
Spain
Bulgarian to Spanish
+ ...
Word document in Tag Editor. Oct 2, 2012

Copy and past the text without format. You will have a simple text without tags. Is impossible to see that in the original text.

xxxpenguin56
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. Oct 2, 2012

That works around the font-formatting tags, but also gets rid of all screenshots as well as the figures and tables including their automatic numbering.

Is there any other way, because it might indeed be quicker to overwrite all text rather than to copy-paste segment by segment?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete font-formatting tags in Trados 2007

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search