How to delete font-formatting tags in Trados 2007
Thread poster: xxxpenguin56

Oct 2, 2012

I have a problem I have never had before when processing a particular Word document in Tag Editor.

In this document, there are "cf" (font-formatting) tags in between almost every letter which not only makes the text difficult to read, but also makes matching segments unrecognisable by the software.

Now while I have found that overwriting the text in the original Word document gets rid of the tags, I was wondering whether there might not be a quicker way of deleting the "cf" tags? Anyone had this problem before?

Thanks for help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Vesselka Raykov  Identity Verified
Bulgarian to Spanish
+ ...
Word document in Tag Editor. Oct 2, 2012

Copy and past the text without format. You will have a simple text without tags. Is impossible to see that in the original text.

Thank you. Oct 2, 2012

That works around the font-formatting tags, but also gets rid of all screenshots as well as the figures and tables including their automatic numbering.

Is there any other way, because it might indeed be quicker to overwrite all text rather than to copy-paste segment by segment?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to delete font-formatting tags in Trados 2007

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search