SDL Trados Studio 2011 with SP2: Unable to open word documents with tracked changes activated
Thread poster: Mercedes Alonso Negre

Mercedes Alonso Negre
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 2, 2012

Dear all,
I have SDL Trados Studio 2011 with SP2 and I am trying to open a word document with the tracked changes enabled, but I get the error that I should accept all changes before proceeding.

With SP2 I should be able to open documents with tracked changes enabled. How should I proceed?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
Mercedes

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:34
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to open docs with TC Oct 2, 2012

You need to enable it here:
Tools>Options>File Types>Microsoft Word 2007-2010>Common and select “Display pending changes” under Track changes extraction mode.

Note that the file has to be .docx format.

If you want to learn more about using Word Track Changes in Studio, you might like to read my blog article called Track changes in SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2.

HTH,
Emma

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 with SP2: Unable to open word documents with tracked changes activated

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search