https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/234118-trados_7_and_trados_2011.html

Trados 7 and Trados 2011
Thread poster: Silvia Alonso Ortega
Silvia Alonso Ortega
Silvia Alonso Ortega
Local time: 13:26
German to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 2, 2012

Hi!

I normally work with Trados 7.

I am considering purchasing Trados 2011, but I have read in forums that with this program it is not possible to work with documents in Word. In many forums will demonstrate the compatibility between Trados 2011 and 2007, but what happens with Trados 7? It is compatible with Trados 2011? Can I have both installed on the same computer?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Silvia

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Silvia Oct 3, 2012

There is a number of threads on the same topic, here is the most recent one:
http://www.proz.com/topic/233216

Silvia Alonso Ortega
Silvia Alonso Ortega
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 7 and Trados 2011 Oct 3, 2012

Thanks a lot.

But my question is about Trados 7 not 2007.

I work with Trados 7, an earlier version than 2007.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just noticed you posted this on... Oct 3, 2012

... Translators cafe too.... so here's the response to keep the thread complete.

Hi,

The current supported version of Trados that allows you to translate from within Word as you do now with Trados 7 is SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

SDL Trados Studio 2011 is an integrated translation environment where you bring the word documents into this environment as opposed to bringing the environment into Word. So with this version you cannot translate a word file inside Wo
... See more
... Translators cafe too.... so here's the response to keep the thread complete.

Hi,

The current supported version of Trados that allows you to translate from within Word as you do now with Trados 7 is SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

SDL Trados Studio 2011 is an integrated translation environment where you bring the word documents into this environment as opposed to bringing the environment into Word. So with this version you cannot translate a word file inside Word with the Trados toolbar becaused it is not installed in the first place.

If you just purchase Studio 2011 there is nothing to prevent you continuing to use Trados 2007 as you do now... although the fact this is old and not the 2007 Suite version means there may be problems associated with shared components that are not installed because you already have Trados 2007 installed.

You can purchase the latest SDL Trados 2007 Suite with Studio 2011, so you could upgrade from your current version. But you can't purchase SDL Trados 2007 Suite on its own. There will be no more versions of SDL Trados 2007 now so Suite is the latest supported, and probably the last.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 and Trados 2011

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »