Context matches - Trados Studio 2009
Thread poster: Annett Hieber

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:45
English to German
Oct 2, 2012

Hi All,

I have mostly been working with Studio 2009 (and will soon switch to 2011) lately and have learned a lot, also thanks to this forum and your help!

Now, I am facing another problem/question:
Can anyone explain to me in simple words what "Context matches" mean exactly and how to work with that feature? Is there any special configuration or set up required before starting the translation?

I'd be really grateful for your answers!

Have a nice evening,
Annett

Direct link Reply with quote

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:45
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Like 100% matches, but better Oct 2, 2012

Context matches are 100% matches where the surrounding context is also a match.

From SDL Studio Online Help:

context match

A match that takes into account the context within which the match occurs. Usually this means surrounding segments. A context match is even more likely to be correct than a 100% match of a segment. There are different kinds of context match, depending on which aspects of context are taken into account (for example, formatting).

You don't really need to have a special configuration for this, it is done automatically. You will see "CM" next to context matches in Studio's Editor view.

Annett Hieber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:45
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 2, 2012

very much, Nora!

I have aleady seen these "CMs" and was wondering what this meant......

Have a good time,
Annett

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context matches - Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search