Thread poster: bendksu
bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:02
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

I completed a job yesterday using Trados Studio 2011, where I was instructed to enable the Length Verification option so that the character length of a segment was limited to 150 characters.

Fine. I figured out how to do this by going to Tools / Options / Verification / QA Checker 3.0 / Length Verification

That job has now been delivered and I am working on a new job....however, now I get an error / message each time a segment is more than 150 characters. There is no limit for this job. I have gone into Tools / Options / Verification / QA Checker 3.0 / Length Verification and removed the check for Length Verification and clicked OK, but the error still appears.

Does anyone know how to turn this off? Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:02
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Project settings Oct 3, 2012

As far as I know, the settings of an already existing project cannot be changed in "Tools". You have to disable the option in "Project settings".

Regards

bendksu  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 16:02
Member (2011)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 3, 2012

Hi Susanne, Thanks for the answer! Fast, accurate and it worked!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Length verfication - disable

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search