Thread poster: Lorenza Valt

Lorenza Valt  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 16:23
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

Dear all,

I have a problem with the Studio 2011 analyze files report function. I have received from an agency a package + analyze with 3111 no matches. I repeated the analyisis for myself and the result is 4188 (total word count is the same). Anyway, if i open the document in the Editor view, the word count displays 3189 "not translated" words.

The agency says its analysis is correct, I asked a colleague to analyze my package and its result was the same as mine... anyone can tell me what's wrong and who is wrong???

Thanks!

Lorenza

[Modificato alle 2012-10-03 13:26 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Italian to English
What did the studio do the analysis with? Oct 3, 2012

I have this problem all the time with studios that use Trados 2007. Their count is consistently lower than the count in studio. I don't know how to resolve it because both counts are valid, I presume (depends on your starting point).

Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Differences between 2007 and 2009 Oct 3, 2012

Thank you Eileen,

I've found this article about the differences between word count in Studio 2009 and 2011, may be it's useful to you:
http://tradoshelp.wordpress.com/2011/06/20/word-count-differences-between-trados-studio-and-trados-2007/

Anyway, the PM has created a project in Studio 2011, so I suppose he used the same version to do the analysis... This could be a possible answer, but who is right then?

[Modificato alle 2012-10-03 15:01 GMT]

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 08:23
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any other TMs? Oct 3, 2012

Is it possible your client is leveraging other TMs during their analysis? Or are you both using all the same parameters (same TM, same segmentation rules, etc.)?

In theory, if the same TMs, with the same segmentation rules are used, and the same analysis parameters are set, you should both get the same results.

Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
But my Trados Version is incoherent as well... Oct 3, 2012

Thanks Nora,

there should be no other TM, but may be the segmentation rules are different, this is something I have to ask... anyway, I still don't understand why the result of my analysis is 4188 mo matches, but in my Editor view (as well as in the "Confirmation statistics"), the word count displays 3189 "not translated" words... is it normal?

[Modificato alle 2012-10-03 15:51 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe a silly question... Oct 3, 2012

... but how many files are in your Project? If there is more than one perhaps you are looking at the summary analysis at the top which contains figures for all files whereas the Editor View would be just that one?

If you are able to share the Project I can take a look?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Oct 4, 2012

Thank you to everybody, and in particular to Paul, who analyzed my package and explained me the problem.

Actually, it had nothing to do with Studio: the agency had used another TM to analyze the file, and later sent me the package with a Tm which was not updated: so my report was correct!

Lorenza

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Studio 2011 analyze files report

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search