Multiterm 2011 termbase compatibility with SP2
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:08
Italian to English
Oct 3, 2012

I just upgraded to the Studio 2011 SP2 and Multiterm 2011 SP2 and now, when creating a new project I get the message "This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm". I searched the KB but didn't seem to find anything that exactly fit my situation.

How do I update my termbases so I can use them?
Thanks for any advice
Eileen

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I guess you found this? Oct 3, 2012

Hi Eileen,

The only KB article with this error referenced refers to this:

The physical termbase name or a folder name where the termbase is stored contains a semi colon character.

So I guess you checked this already? If so the only thing I can suggest is that you run a repair on your MultiTerm installation through the Control Panel. I did see this last week in the office and this is what resolved the problem.

If that still fails then it would be best to raise a case through the solution finder so a support engineer can taken a look.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Download & Installation Problems
- The installation went fine, but now I get an error message when opening or using the program.
-- The error occurs in SDL Trados Studio 2011 (as you are adding the termbase through Studio)

Regards

Paul

Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks but Oct 4, 2012

Tahnks Paul but I can't seem to find any semicolons. Anyway I logged on a case and uploaded to the ftp the two termbases currently implicated. In the meantime I will continue working, but when you get used to using some things, you feel blind without them. The strange thing was that I couldn't create the project with the TM and termbase. But after cerating the project I added them and they worked yesterday. But today, opening the project says they can't be accessed.
I'll let you know what the final solution to this is.
Thanks
Eileen

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:08
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
A Multiterm repair did the trick for me Oct 8, 2012

Just in case it helps others, I woke up to find this issue on my desktop PC today, while the same projects/termbases opened fine on my laptop.

I followed Paul's suggestion about running a Repair of Multiterm in the Control Panel, which didn't take more than a minute, and things are back to normal.

Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
To Paul Oct 11, 2012

I just wanted to get back to you. Seems it wasn't a Multiterm problem at all. Don't ask me how, but when I created this project for some reason the termbase did not end up in All language pairs, but instead only in Italian > English (US) which was what I was using at that moment.
Anyway, the problem has not occurred for any other file so I guess it was my fault after all.
Thanks again
Eileen

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Good to know... Oct 11, 2012

... thanks Eileen.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2011 termbase compatibility with SP2

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search