Moving TM's from Studio 2009 to 2011
Thread poster: Yulia Novikova-Wythe

Yulia Novikova-Wythe  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:22
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

Hi, I've just purchased an upgrade to SDL Trados Studio 2001. Right now I have SDL Trados 2009. Could anybody please explain to me why don't I see my TM's from 2009 Studio when I open a document in 2011 Studio. How can I move them to Studio 2011?
Thank you,
Yulia

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:22
English to French
+ ...
Directories Oct 3, 2012

Hi Yulia,

The default directory for 2009 TMs is found under Documents SDL Trados Studio Translation Memories. Under 2011, you'll find them under Studio 2011 (same path Documents ...) so either you move them to the 2011 folder or select the Documents SDL Trados Studio Translation Memories whatever suits you best.

If you move them to the 2011 folder, you might have to open them under the Translation Memories tab for them to show up in your TM list and/or change the path when creating a project.

HTH,

Bernard

[Edited at 2012-10-03 21:02 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-10-03 21:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-10-03 21:26 GMT]

Yulia Novikova-Wythe  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:22
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Oct 4, 2012

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your advice! It worked.

Yulia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moving TM's from Studio 2009 to 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search