Thread poster: Alexandra Bühler

Alexandra Bühler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:34
English to German
+ ...
Oct 3, 2012

Dear all,
I usually work with field values (assigning field values to files).
When I choose the field values under project settings, everything is fine, the field values appear when re-opening the segment, but when I close the file and re-open it, the field values assignemnts are gone, meaning that I need to select the field values again.
This is quite annoying especially because when I'm working on different files...
Any idea what I could do?
Thanks a lot,
Alexandra

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
How are you reopening the file? Oct 3, 2012

Hi,

If you use Open Document and select the sdlxliff or the original source file each time then you are effectively starting again using the settings under Tools -> Options. So changes you made in Project Settings, that are specific to the file the last time you opened it up are not being used.

The best thing to do is after using Open Document the first time and making these settings open the fiule the next time from the Project View. You will find a Project in there with the name of your file so double click it to activate it and then go to the files view where you will find your file that uses these settings.

Maybe worth reading this article to understand this principle : http://goo.gl/vsslG

Regards

Paul

Alexandra Bühler  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011 - field values - re-open in project view Oct 4, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

Hi,

If you use Open Document and select the sdlxliff or the original source file each time then you are effectively starting again using the settings under Tools -> Options. So changes you made in Project Settings, that are specific to the file the last time you opened it up are not being used.

The best thing to do is after using Open Document the first time and making these settings open the fiule the next time from the Project View. You will find a Project in there with the name of your file so double click it to activate it and then go to the files view where you will find your file that uses these settings.

Maybe worth reading this article to understand this principle : http://goo.gl/vsslG

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks a lot for your help, works perfectly now!
Best wishes,
Alexandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - field values are not saved permanently in project settings

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search