Trados 2011 Starter Edition - Find and QA Check through ALL Files??
Thread poster: Soraya Hoepfner

Soraya Hoepfner
Germany
Local time: 16:45
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 6, 2012

Hi,

I am relatively new user of Trados 2011 Starter Edition, and I am wondering how can I optmize my work in 2 aspects:

1.perform a Find/Localize a word through all files? It seems I have to go file by file if I want to search for a word. This is usefull when after some work has been done, I for example realize another term or expression is more appropriated, and I need therefore to track all occurencies of this word. In other tools, the Find or Find/replace tool is able to let me chose between this file or whole project.

2.perform QA checks for the whole project in once? Right now I have to go file by file. So, for example, after project is finished, if Iwould like to double check for inconsistency issues, I could not figure out how to do it for the whole set of files, but I had to go one by one!

Right now I am handling a package that contains over 30 files, and I have found extremely time consuming to perform the 2 cases above, not being sure weather software really has this limitation or I have missed these analyse, find feature for ALL.

I would really appreciate any tips for my next projects!

Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 Starter Edition - Find and QA Check through ALL Files??

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search