Studio 2011 always insert a space between numbers and "GB" or "MB"
Thread poster: tz7
tz7
United States
Local time: 16:03
English to Japanese
Oct 9, 2012

I don't use a space between numbers and unit such as MB and GB, because of the client's request. So I am translating "8 GB" as "8GB". My TM has these translation. But Studio always tries to insert a space. The TM shows my translation "8GB" but it insert it as "8 GB". I had to delete the space. If I have a table containing "4 GB", "8 GB", "12 GB"..., Studio automatically inserts "4 GB", "8 GB", "12 GB"... even if the TM shows "4GB", "8GB", "12GB"... When I delete the space from "4 GB", "8 GB", "12 GB"... and confirm "4GB", then "8GB", "12GB"... are reverted back to "8 GB", "12 GB"...
Studio is so stubborn. Is there any option controling this behavior?

[Edited at 2012-10-09 19:42 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:03
English
Configuring measurements Oct 9, 2012

Hi,

The default uses the same spacing as the source document so this is why you keep getting this. Try the next option, or even set it to always add a space for the Projects you do for this client:

Note that to access this option you will be in the specific language pair, and not All language Pairs.

Regards

Paul

tz7
United States
Local time: 16:03
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
This is exactly what I should have set! Oct 10, 2012

Thank you for your advice. I didn't know there was an option for that! Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 always insert a space between numbers and "GB" or "MB"

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search