Studio 2011 always insert a space between numbers and "GB" or "MB"
Thread poster: tz7

tz7
United States
Local time: 23:13
English to Japanese
Oct 9, 2012

I don't use a space between numbers and unit such as MB and GB, because of the client's request. So I am translating "8 GB" as "8GB". My TM has these translation. But Studio always tries to insert a space. The TM shows my translation "8GB" but it insert it as "8 GB". I had to delete the space. If I have a table containing "4 GB", "8 GB", "12 GB"..., Studio automatically inserts "4 GB", "8 GB", "12 GB"... even if the TM shows "4GB", "8GB", "12GB"... When I delete the space from "4 GB", "8 GB", "12 GB"... and confirm "4GB", then "8GB", "12GB"... are reverted back to "8 GB", "12 GB"...
Studio is so stubborn. Is there any option controling this behavior?

[Edited at 2012-10-09 19:42 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:13
English
Configuring measurements Oct 9, 2012

Hi,

The default uses the same spacing as the source document so this is why you keep getting this. Try the next option, or even set it to always add a space for the Projects you do for this client:

Note that to access this option you will be in the specific language pair, and not All language Pairs.

Regards

Paul

tz7
United States
Local time: 23:13
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
This is exactly what I should have set! Oct 10, 2012

Thank you for your advice. I didn't know there was an option for that! Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 always insert a space between numbers and "GB" or "MB"

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search