Studio 2011: Real time preview not available
Thread poster: Anders Nylén

Anders Nylén  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:38
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 9, 2012

Sometimes the Real time preview is greyed out and there is no way to refresh it, so I cannot use it. For example now, when I work in an IDML file, I cannot click it.

Is this because it won't work with an IDML file or is it something else that I am doing wrong? This has happened other times too, when not working in an IDML file. Not sure what file type it was then though, probably Word.

Grateful for a reply!

Best regards,

A

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
If you want the realtime preview... Oct 9, 2012

... then it will only work with these filetypes:

• Microsoft Word (.doc, .docx)
  • Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx)
  • RTF
  • XML
  • HTML
  • PDF

What you can do if you have InDesign installed is use File -> ViewIn and then the target will be rendered in InDesign.

Or you can use the File -> PrintPreview, but this may not be more useful than the editor view itself.

Regards

Paul

Anders Nylén  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No InDesign Oct 10, 2012

Paul,

I do not have access to InDesign. Have I understood correctly that this then means that I will "only" be able to take a look at my completed translation in the Editor view in Studio before I send it back to my client?

Regards,

Anders

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You can look at it... Oct 10, 2012

... in a browser with PrintPreview and you can look at it in a word document with Export for External Review, but you can only look at it as an InDesign File if you have InDesign.

Regards

Paul

Alexandre Oberlin  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Print preview does not work with InDesign files Jul 30, 2013

Hi all,

SDL Support wrote:
... in a browser with PrintPreview and you can look at it in a word document with Export for External Review, but you can only look at it as an InDesign File if you have InDesign.
Paul

Print Preview does not work with IDML files on my system. I even had problems with Word files and had to install Office 2010 (which I hate) in order to get reliable print previews. The Print Preview behavior was complete random with Office 2003. Now I cannot get any print preview of InDesign files, and the external review document is not convenient to check my work. The View>Preview says "There is no preview available" and the File>Preview brings up an empty page in the browser.

Cheers,

Alexandre

Alexandre Oberlin  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I could preview after restarting TS11 Jul 30, 2013

Random behavior as usual...

Restarting TS and choosing "File>Preview" right away in the editor worked. Now I'd better not refresh it because according to my experience this will probably work only once.

Alexandre

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Real time preview not available

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search