Preview blocked by Microsoft Office File Validation
Thread poster: Hope Farmer

Hope Farmer
Spain
Local time: 00:41
German to English
+ ...
Oct 10, 2012

I want to get the preview to work in SDL Trados Studio 2011 with Office 2010.
I am trying to open a PPT in the Preview in Trados on a Windows 7 operating system with Microsoft Office 2010.

I tried the steps provided in the Microsoft Support portal: Microsoft Security Advisory: Microsoft Office File Validation for Office 2003, 2007 Office, and Office 2010 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2501584). I used the "disable file validation". It did not work. (I saw that someone else mentioned this solution here: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/223181-trados_studio_11_is_saving_word_files_that_do_not_pass_microsoft_file_validation.html) This did not work.

I also tried adding the location of my target files (.../projects/ with subfolders) to the trusted sites in PowerPoint, but it did not work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I really would like to be able to use the preview....

Thanks,
H

Direct link Reply with quote

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
In case you or anyone else is listening... Oct 13, 2013

Did you ever resolve this? Does anyone know how to resolve this? I'm getting it with a ppt in Studio 2014.

Thanks,

Olly

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
Offce 2003 Oct 13, 2013

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Did you ever resolve this? Does anyone know how to resolve this? I'm getting it with a ppt in Studio 2014.

Some files exported from Studio simply doesn't pass the file format validation.
You can open these files in Office 2003, acknowledge the warning, add and delete a space (or perform a stupid modification like that) and save 'em.
It usually works.

PS
It's a good practice to use Office 2003 for some operations.

Cheers
GG

Hope Farmer
Spain
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No resolution, no Office 2003 Oct 14, 2013

Hi Olly and GG,

I never did resolve this.

Thanks for your suggestion GG, but, as I stated in my text, I have Office 2010, and I do not have 2003.

It´s a shame that Trados keeps selling it's software with this feature when, in fact, it doesn't work.

Regards, H

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Preview blocked by Microsoft Office File Validation

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search