Thread poster: Rod Brookes

Rod Brookes  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:33
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Oct 10, 2012

Dear Colleagues,

After working all day on a document in Studio 2009 I find that I am unable to confirm segments or save the file. When I try to confirm segments I get this error message:

"The translation memory or TM container appears to be missing and may have been deleted"

and when I try to save the file I get this error message:

"Could not find file C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\ancunxtk.flh\hujgzvcb.ggn.ttx"

The original document was a ttx file, but if I try to save it either in original file format or as a ttx document I get this error message:

"Failed to save target content: missing dependency: the original source file"

Note that the original source and ttx files are in the folder they have always been while I have been working on this project.

Normally I confirm segments as I go along, but this is an extremely difficult project which I knew I was going to want to revise substantially before finally confirming the segments. I knew I should be able to save the document at any point, so I wasn't worried about not confirming the segments.

I suspect closing the document and restarting Studio will solve the issue, but the problem is that because I cannot save the document or confirm the segments I will lose most of today's work (I've cut and pasted it into a Word document if all else fails, but I assume it won't be quite so easy to paste it back into Studio so I would rather avoid the need to do that if at all possible).

I have searched the forum for previous threads on this problem and there was one:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/175879-error_msg:_tm_container_may_have_been_deleted.html

but the solutions suggested will not help in my situation as they mean closing Studio and in doing so I will lose most of today's work.

Any cures, workarounds, or suggestions for places to get further help (I don't have an SDL service agreement) gratefully received,

Rod

[Edited at 2012-10-10 17:52 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot confirm segments or save file in Studio 2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search