chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:33
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 11, 2012

Hi experts,

Since my Windows XP and my Trados Freelance 7.0 have developed some unknown problems, I must format my computer. As I have uninstalled Trados and unable to reinstall it, I apprehend that some licensing problem may occur in future because I did not return the license while uninstalling it and now I am unable to install it again and therefore, it is not possible for me to return my license through my computer.

However, I have found on my account with Trados' website that there is an option to return the license. Is it possible and advisable to return the license through Trados' website while I am unable to return the license through my computer? Does it mean one and the same thing?

I look forward to your valuable advice.

Regards,

Chopra

Direct link Reply with quote

Woodstock  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:03
German to English
+ ...
E-mail SDL Trados Oct 11, 2012

You can't return the license if your re-formatted the hard drive it was on - it's gone. You have to return it beforehand. Best to send an e-mail to SDL Trados and explain the problem, they can regenerate the license, but it may take a day or 2. I had a computer crash a couple of years ago and couldn't return the license, but I got it replaced, so it's only a minor nuisance, not a major problem.

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:33
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your answer, but Oct 11, 2012

I have not yet re-formatted the computer and I am not able to re-install Trados in order to return the license due to some unknown faults with Windows. That is why, I have sought the advice.

IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:03
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
I had a similar problem which SDL solved Oct 11, 2012

I had a similar problem. I sent a support ticket to SDL and they returned the license the same day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

License related issue in respect of Trados

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search