Trados Analysis of 7 files with Studio 2011 Starter Edition?
Thread poster: Filipa Braga
Filipa Braga
Filipa Braga
Local time: 05:21
Dutch to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 11, 2012

Good morning,

I have a question concerning SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter Edition.
I actually don't have lots of clients asking me to work with Trados so I just bought the "starter" license for about 100€ / year. The other licenses would be too big of an investment for me to make, for I don't really need Trados on a daily basis.

Now one of my clients asks me to make a price offer based on an Analysis done with studio 2011 of the 7 files he sent me, based on F
... See more
Good morning,

I have a question concerning SDL Trados Studio 2011 Starter Edition.
I actually don't have lots of clients asking me to work with Trados so I just bought the "starter" license for about 100€ / year. The other licenses would be too big of an investment for me to make, for I don't really need Trados on a daily basis.

Now one of my clients asks me to make a price offer based on an Analysis done with studio 2011 of the 7 files he sent me, based on Full Match, repetitions, etc.
I cannot find this feature (analysis & report) in the starters edition of studio 2011.
Is this feature not available in this license, or am I looking in the wrong places?

Thank you in advance for your replies,
Kind regards,
Filipa
2Write
Collapse

Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
English
Create a new project Oct 11, 2012

Hello Filipa,

I have never tried the Starter Edition but if you can create a new project, it should lead you step by step to the selection of the original documents, TMs and Termbases and eventually it will take you to an analysis of your documents. At the end of this process, you will get an analysis report.

Regards,

Lorenzo

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
You cannot do this in Starter as there... Oct 11, 2012

... is no batch task functionality available.

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=2595&source=article&c=12&cid=23

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Analysis of 7 files with Studio 2011 Starter Edition?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »