SDLX (SDL Edit) hangs up if I attempt to open MultiTerm termbase.
Thread poster: Kazuyuki OGAWA

Kazuyuki OGAWA  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:27
English to Japanese
Oct 11, 2012

Hello,

I use SDLX (SDL Edit) 2007 SP3 and SDL MultiTerm 2009 Core SP2.
For the past one week, I was using this combination all successfully, but today when I attempted to open the MultiTerm termbase from within SDL Edit by selecting "MultiTerm" -> "Select", the menu didn't respond and SDL Edit rang and hung up. (So, I had to kill the SDL Edit session from Task Manager.)
Could someone kindly teach me how I can solve this problem?
I've already referred to similar posts in ProZ, but their problems seem different from mine:
- http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/234526-cannot_open_mutiterm_2009_termbase.html
- http://jpn.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/194636-after_installing_sdl_multiterm_2009_sp4_sdl_trados_2007_no_longer_works.html

P.S.
I have both MultiTerm version and TB version from my client, and so, I can continue to do my job, but I have my own MultiTerm termbase that I've accumulated for the client, and I like to be able to additionally use that MultiTerm termbase again.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:27
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
SDLX has own termbase Oct 11, 2012

I never eben knew that one can use Multiterm with SDLX. Multiterm was disigned for Trados. You can export your Multitermbase and import in SDLX termbase.

Kazuyuki OGAWA  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:27
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
I said I was able to use it in the sense you wrote. Oct 12, 2012

And I came to be unable to use even MultiTerm _menu_option_, and therefore unable to use that exported MultiTerm termbase(*.mdb), either.

[Edited at 2012-10-12 00:05 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-10-12 00:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX (SDL Edit) hangs up if I attempt to open MultiTerm termbase.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search