Thread poster: Amelie Brito

Amelie Brito
France
Local time: 03:35
English to French
+ ...
Oct 11, 2012

Hello everyone,

I need help. I am a new user of Trados Studio 2011 and I would like to create a new TM based on a source Word document in English and a target Word document in French. I imagine that ther e is a process that allows me to generate such a TM from those 2 documents but I can't find the info in the Help section!
So all of you who already handle this software well, please, can you help me? Without this function, Trados doesn't increase my translating speed...

Thanks ahead!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Cordini
English
You would have to align the files Oct 11, 2012

Hello Amelie,

you would have to align those two files.

At this thread you will find more details http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/219047-alignment_of_doc_docx_files_with_sdl_studio_2011.html

Regards

Lorenzo

Anninili
English to German
+ ...
Search for Alignment Oct 11, 2012

Hai,

you will have to align the two documents. The align function should be visible when you have the start screen enabled (then -on my interface -: a toolbar on the top - below Help). It is a bluish icon.

Cheers,
Anneliese

Amelie Brito
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Oct 11, 2012

Thanks to you 2! I actually found this function a few minutes after posting my question while watching an on-demand video of a previous ProZ virtual conference. Thanks ProZ too!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation memory creation with Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search