I can't open any project files in Studio 2011
Thread poster: KarenSAK
KarenSAK
Local time: 12:30
Oct 13, 2012

Hello,

I just installed Trados Studio 2011, and everything seemed to install smoothly. However, when I start a new project, and get to the place where I add project files I get the following error screen:

Cannot validate SDL plug-in: HtmlFilterComponentBuilder, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

I can't even choose files to select. As soon as I hit "add files", this error message appears. If I press the filter "file types" the same message appears. It's very frustrating as I haven't even gotten started with anything yet! Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Karen

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:30
English
Try deleting ... Oct 13, 2012

... these three xml files first as this may be enough to clear the problem.

Close Studio and go to the following path:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[10.0.0.0]
Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\[10.0.0.0]

and delete the following three XML files:

- BaseSettings.xml
- plugincache.xml
- UserSettings.xml

In case you cannot see the "AppData" folder, make sure that your folder view is set to "display hidden system folders." Here are step-by-step instructions:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Show-hidden-files

Then restart Studio and maybe this will help? If not let me know and we can try something else.

Regards

Paul

KarenSAK
Local time: 12:30
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Oct 14, 2012

That worked! Thanks! I don't know why it worked, but it did.

Many thanks for your quick reply.

Karen

Brigitte Mayer ATT Advanced Technical Translation GmbH
Austria
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
I have the same problem.... Jan 21, 2013

Hello,

I've been working with Studio 2011 for quite a while now, but suddenly I can't open any files. I get the same error message:
Cannot validate SDL plug-in: HtmlFilterComponentBuilder, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888 :

If I can finally add a file to a project, it only serves as a reference and the status cannot be changed to "to translate".

I tried to delete the 3 xml files, but couldn't find them.There is no folder (10.0.0.0], what I have is [9.1.0.0], but still, no xml files. I hope someone can help me...

Thanks!

Michel D...  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Cannot open my current project too Jun 26, 2013

Hi,

i need urgently help, I don't find the solution in french so I post here.

I deleted these three XML files in my user directory.

But now i cannot open my current project anymore.

I get the error message in french:

Echec du chargement c:\users\****\desktoptradcutions\[project name]\[project name.sdlproj".:
Il existe une erreur dans le document XML(1047, 50)
",valeur décimale0x 1E est un caractère non valide . Ligne 1047, position 50

Who can help me to fix this issue?

regards

MD

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Different error messsage... Jun 26, 2013

... and I'd say the sdlproj file referred to is corrupted.

Try renaming the projects.xml as projects.xml-backup and then restart Studio. Then navigate to your Project and try and open it again. You'll find the projects.xml here (W7/Vista):

c:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Studio 2011\Projects\projects.xml

If that doesn't help then create a new project, add your source files and TM, and then once the project is prepared copy the target sdlxliff files from the original project into the target folder for the new one. This way you will have the same match values that you had before... if you pretranslate the files from the TM then you'll get 100% and Context Matches throughout.

Regards

Paul

Cristian Sălăjan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 19:30
French to Romanian
+ ...
"This file type is not supported" error. Aug 22, 2013

I get the error "This file type is not supported" for package files and project files alike. I can't open anything anymore. This is the first time it happened. I gotta finish a project today and I'm stuck... Does anyone have a clue what to do?

Thanks in advance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I can't open any project files in Studio 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search