Studio 2009, Word 2007 Page background formatting
Thread poster: lydiar

lydiar  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 14:49
Member (2006)
French to English
Oct 15, 2012

Does anyone know if I can configure Studio 2009 to handle Page Background formatting in .rtf files (found via Page Layout menu in Word 2007).

The source files I have are .rtf and have a custom Page Color (Page Layout> Page Color > Fill Effects > texture > custom texture.

I can translate the text content of the files no problem in Studio 2009, but when I generate target translation files the background formatting is lost.

Currently my solution is to manually change the formatting for all target translation files (60 files so quite time consuming). I have isolated the image that needs to be used for the formatting by generating a multiple file web page from one of the source docs!

Needless to say I've spent way too long on this and would be interested if anyone has faced this problem and devised a cunning solution:)

Thanks,
Lydia

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:49
English
Quick test... Oct 15, 2012

Hi Lydia,

I don't have 2009 installed at the moment, but I created a quick test file following your instructions, tested in 2011, and the background is still there when I save the target.

If you can share the file I can test this and see if there is a problem we need to address? I'm not aware of any bugs in the RTF filter that we had to fix between 2009 and 2011.

Alternatively... what happens if you save the file as a docx and process that?

Regards

Paul

lydiar  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 14:49
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
.docx not a solution Oct 15, 2012

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply. I've tried by re-saving the source file. One issue is the tags don't match my TM, then I was getting an error when generating the target :"Failed to save target content: An error occurred during a call to extension function 'MoveToLastChild'. See InnerException for a complete description of the error."

Maybe there is more to this than the fancy formatting!

I'll try and send a file your way.

Cheers

Lydia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009, Word 2007 Page background formatting

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search