Studio 2011: "Contains languages that are not configured for this installation"
Thread poster: xxxGrayson Morr
xxxGrayson Morr  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:59
Dutch to English
Oct 15, 2012

I've just acquired Studio 2011 and have set it up to work with my language pair, which is Dutch to American English. Because I had to select five pairs during setup, I added variants: Dutch to UK English, Dutch to Canadian English, Flemish to US English, Flemish to UK English.

Now I'm trying to work through the sample files included with Studio 2011, only to be told Studio won't open the sample files because they contain languages not configured for my installation.

I've searched the Web on this, so I know this is a "hardwired" situation, a one-time step that can't be changed without a complete reinstall. Okay. But may I say: how inflexible to be unable to change one's working languages.

-- This means I'd have had to "throw away" a language pair in order to work through the samples.

-- This means I can't add in a new working pair later if I were to need it (say, Dutch to Australian English) or if I were to expand into a completely new language pair (say, Mexican Spanish to American English).

Now I'm stuck being unable to work through the sample files unless I uninstall and reinstall, and I am not amused.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lorenzo Cordini
English
Change language codes in the SDLXLIFF Oct 15, 2012

Hi Grayson,

As a workaround, just to open the files, you could change source language code in the SDLXLIFF files either to "NL-NL" or "NL-BE" (you can do that in a text editor).

The sample files should then open, only that source text will be in English and not in the language "artificially" set as source.

Regards,

Lorenzo

xxxGrayson Morr  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Excellent idea! Oct 15, 2012

Thanks for that very handy tip, Lorenzo! I'll give it a try. I'd settled on just reading through the "Getting Started" guide rather than reinstalling, but I'd love to actually work through the samples. There's something about physically going through the motions that helps them stick better in my memory.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: "Contains languages that are not configured for this installation"

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search