Trados Studio 2009: can't type in words correctly
Thread poster: Robin Song
Robin Song
China
Local time: 15:11
English to Chinese
Oct 16, 2012

Dear All,

I installed Trados Studio 2009 SP3 on my XP system. When I use keyboard to move the cursor to some a position and type in words, the cursor jumps back to the previous position. And when I press Enter to work on the next segment, the cursor jumps back to the previous segment too. If I locate the cursor with mouse, then I can input correctly.

Anybody knows what happened to my Studio 2009? And that's the normal things in this software? Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
Robin

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:11
English
Doesn't sound like a Studio problem Oct 16, 2012

Hi,

This sounds more like an external influence to me. I did find these five suggestions that might help you find the cause of this issue:

SOLUTION ONE: UNCHECK HIDE CURSOR WHILE TYPING
Go to control panel--> "printers and other hardware"--> "mouse" --> "pointer options". Uncheck "hide pointer while typing" then click "ok."

SOLUTION TWO: CHANGE TOUCHPAD SENSITIVITY
Adjust the touchpad sensitivity (or set it to inactive while typing) by going to Control Panel --> Mouse. Or just disable it entirely

SOLUTION THREE: DOWNLOAD DRIVERS
Download updated drivers for touchpad and mouse.

SOLUTION FOUR: SCAN FOR VIRUSES
Check for spyware, viruses.

SOLUTION FIVE: SWITCH PORTS
Switch from USB port to PS/2 port.

Maybe one of these will help?

Regards

Paul

Robin Song
China
Local time: 15:11
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
It's an input method problem Oct 17, 2012

Hi Paul,

As it is my first time using Trados Studio, from my customer's suggestion, it doesn't support some input methods for Chinese. I changed the input method and it works, although it causes great inconvenience to my work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009: can't type in words correctly

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search