Show author and date of a TU in SDL Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: Carmen Álvarez

Carmen Álvarez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:44
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 16, 2012

Hello, I have been working with "traditional" Trados TM's for years and now I have updated to SDL Trados Studio 2011.

In the "old" translation memories (tmx), I could easily see the author and creation/modification date of the TU by default.

Now in the new program I can't find this information in the Translation Results window. I click on any TU with the right mouse button, hoping that I can open it and get all possible information about it, including the above, but I just get 3 empty fields, Project, Text Field and Client, which do not include what I need (author and creation/modification date).

Is there a way to display that? It is very useful when there are many TU and I have to choose one based, for example, on a more reliable author, or in a recent modification of the TU.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tooltip Oct 16, 2012

Hello, I just found the answer by myself. I only have to place the cursor on the TU and wait for the pop-up text to open. It contains all this info and more. I write it here so it can be useful for other users.

I am enjoying this program a lot

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
You'll find these details… Oct 16, 2012

… at the bottom of the Translation results window. Click each result to see its author and date details.

Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 17, 2012

Hello Emma, thank you so much.

What about the classical option to "show most recent translation units first"? I think it would also be useful because in my project, I see many TU's have been corrected by the client, but they appear in the second place in case of multiple translations, and therefore, the old TU is selected automatically by the software as target segment...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Show author and date of a TU in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search