Thread poster: Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:29
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 3, 2004

I am using Trados Workbench 6.5.2.417 with word 2000.

I translated a small job from English into Arabic and and closed the document after saving it.

When tried to reopen the tmw file, I received a message that "the translation memory cannot be accessed, because it uses languages which were not selected during installation.

The word file is in English and Arabic. Can somebody tell how to solve this problem.

Kind regards,

Sami

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
TMW File Aug 3, 2004

Dear Sami,

I'm very new to Trados but due to my line of work, I have added Farsi, Arabic and English languages during the installation process of Trados.

Do you want to send the tmw file for me so I could see if it works? If it does work, you could uninstall Trados and install once again, making sure that Arabic is selected.

Best,
Rahi

Sami Khamou
Sami Khamou  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Rahi, the problem is solved Aug 4, 2004

Thank you Rahi for your help.
The problem was solved by reinstalling
the Trados Workbench as you suggested.

Kind regards,

Sami

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Memory cannot be accessed

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »