Studio 2011: Indicating MT matches in a Word document
Thread poster: rcorbeil
rcorbeil
Local time: 04:01
Oct 17, 2012

Hi,

How does one automatically translates an MS Word document in which the TM matches are shown in different colors.

This function was available in Workbench 2007. I can't figure out how to do this in Studio 2011.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:01
English
Translated Text Colours Oct 18, 2012

Hi,

You mean the setting in Workbench that allowed the target bilingual to be coloured in one colour for 100% matches and another for fuzzies?

Studio doesn't do this as the colours are all within the editor. So if you need a document for reviewing you could use the Export for External Review that creates a two column word document from any file that is opened in Studio and this can be coloured based on different match values.

Maybe this will work for you?

Regards

Paul

rcorbeil
Local time: 04:01
TOPIC STARTER
Pre-translate documents with colours Oct 18, 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I was looking for that setting in Workbench.

I would like to pre-translate documents keeping their original layout.

I guess I'll have to go back to Workbench for that one too.

Feel free to let me know if any other ideas come to mind.

Thank you very much!

Miguel Carmona  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:01
English to Spanish
Going crazy trying to find the "Export for External Review" command? Oct 18, 2012

SDL Support wrote:

...if you need a document for reviewing you could use the Export for External Review that creates a two column word document from any file that is opened in Studio and this can be coloured based on different match values.

Paul

For all of those who went crazy, as I did, trying to find the "Export for External Review" command Paul refers to, it is ONLY available if you have installed SP2.

Having read about the disasters that happen once you install SP2, thank you, but no thank you, I am not that daring.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:01
English
Which disasters are they? Oct 18, 2012

Miguel Carmona wrote:

Having read about the disasters that happen once you install SP2, thank you, but no thank you, I am not that daring.

Hi,

I don't think we've had lots of disasters with SP2. There were a few performance issues, but these were resolved with SP2R. But even then I don't think there were lots of disasters.

Anyway... if you want this feature you can always use the SDLXLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: Indicating MT matches in a Word document

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search