mossadrai  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:03
Member (2012)
Hebrew to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 17, 2012

Hello everybody!

I am a Hebrew translator that works a lot with religious texts. This means that is quite common for authors to refer to Bible verses in their books. And when I need to quote a verse written in Hebrew, I always use the King James version of the Bible.

At the moment, every time a verse is mentioned, I have to go to the digital Bible I have in a site and copy/paste the verse in question.

Then my question is: Is there a good way of having this Bible available for me in TRADOS? Some people told me this is quite easy to do in other softwares, but I would like to use TRADOS.

Therefore, which part of TRADOS could I use for that? Alignment? Term Management? Or is there another way to do this? Is there a way to insert a monolingual file as a reference file to be searched during translation?

Thank you!
Best Regards

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:03
English
Maybe using the Multiterm Widget? Oct 18, 2012

Hi,

You mention this is in a site so you might be able to access this by configuring the MultiTerm Widget to look this up: http://goo.gl/9daS1

Regards

Paul

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Google translate Oct 18, 2012

I've no doubt that Google Translate is hopeless in the Hebrew to Portuguese pair, but if you are translating bible verses, Google might be good at this specific "field".

If you paste a bible verse into Google Translate in Hebrew, does it come out correctly in Portuguese? If so, then it would be very easy to enable the Google Translate plug-in in Studio and use it.

If not, presumably by building up your own TM over time, you will create your own segments of correct Hebrew-Portuguese bible verses, which may also help? Of course, this would be the case in all CAT tools, not just Studio.

Annelise Brincker  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Download the text Oct 19, 2012

Hi
I'm thinking that the Bible must be good for a TM as it is so segmented.

You can download the texts for the King James Bible here: http://printkjv.ifbweb.com/#downloads
I have not tested this site and do not specifically know or recommend it, I only googled it, so you had better check it for vira etc. if you do download the files.

If you then have the text in Hebrew or Portuguese you can make a TM by aligning the two in WinAlign. It's a huge project, but definitely possible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reference file in TRADOS

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search